View Single Post
03-18-2013, 09:58 AM
Go Habs Go
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Wow.....what a highlight reel goal by Corban Night. Kristo gets an assist 2-0 UND.

I want Corban Knight....come on Bergevin...make it happen!
Knight is great at face-offs, but panthers look like they need all the help they can get. If the Habs can't land a FA goalie prospect, I wouldn't mind to see the Habs kick the tires with the panthers on their goalie prospect Sam Brittan who lost his starting job to the Fin (that I badly want the Habs to get but I don't know if he will turn pro this summer or go back to Denver)

Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
I'm not sure a lost today would have meant they wouldn't have get a bid for the Frozen Four.
Correct, a loss last night and they likely would have made it since they were high enough in the pairwise unless there were a few upsets next weekend. Denver is in the same boat although a little worse since they weren't as high up as ND as they didn't have as tough a schedule as ND.

So we'll have to wait to see if Denver can squeak in or not. They are on the bubble so they will need as few upsets as possible. Michigan has worked their way into contention but likely will still have to win the CCHA championship in order to make it. What a turnaround though as they weren't even in the top 30 and that's something you never see from Michigan late in the season as they have the longest streak of making the Frozen Four at 22 years and counting I believe. Going to be an interesting weekend for both Michigan and North Dakota (who are trying to win their 4th WCHA championship in a row, no team had ever won 3 in a row before)