View Single Post
Old
03-18-2013, 10:07 AM
winterpeg
Sharp Dressed Man

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
I see where you're coming from now. To be honest, I am much the same. We were winning those games, but I wasn't happy that we had to rely on 3 lines to do it. Having three forwards play 5-6 shifts a game is a pet peeve of mine. You can only afford to do that in my opinion so much, and it's going to kick you in the ass. Thorburn did in part serve a purpose in the last few games, but even still, it sucks that he cannot be trusted to play. Then there is Tangradi and Cormier, who, by all accounts are not trusted by Noel either.

Whatever Chevy has to do between now and the trade deadline in about 2 weeks, combined with the offseason, it's going to be instrumental in getting players in those roles that Noel can trust to play at an NHL level.
The reality is, I don't think we have to give up much of anything to get a good solid 4th line, either. Is there anybody here who wouldn't be happy with cloning #17 and putting him in all 3 spots on the 4th line? (provided you taught one of him to be a reasonable faceoff guy) We're all happy with Wright, and while we got him early while everyone was healthy, he was still a waiver guy. That means to aquire someone at the same level, it shouldn't cost much. Especially if they're a hidden gem like he seems to have been. One or two clever moves to grab guys who have that edge but just haven't gotten a fair shake from the team they're on and we could have a 4th line playing closer to 8 min instead of 4.

Not that this is necessarily easy to do, I just don't think it costs a lot.