View Single Post
Old
03-18-2013, 10:34 AM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Shake View Post
I said it and I meant it. We have almost zero chance of signing him unlike the Hossa deal where we had plenty of room. Cap goes down 6 million after this season.

if Pittsburgh trades for him its almost guaranteed that it will be strictly as a playoff rental. Giving up a top prospect and a 1st for him would be idiotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Shake View Post
If we sign him to a contract the following year, 2014-2015, we will be completely screwed on resigning Letang. We have half our team to resign the next couple of years. We have only like 4 guys under contract after 2 more seasons.

You cant just say "oh hey you have cap room for 2013-2014", you have to look BEYOND that too. Id MUCH rather have Letang than an aging Iginla.

That doesnt mean its impossible though but we would have to get let some guys leave.

The only way Id make a trade would be for a mid prospect and a 1st and Id have to be damn sure I could get a contract for 3 years.
You said there is no way you could re-sign him clearly that is wrong and on top of that the year after you have 40 million in cap space but you do have to sign Letang, Malkin, Sutter, Kunitz(if he is re-signed).

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote