View Single Post
Old
03-18-2013, 10:40 AM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingfan View Post
This is one of my favorite things about these boards. Filppula has Paul Gaustad deadline value, while Smid commands ridiculous value. 2nd and a prospect(Marchenko?). He's a UFA.
It's more so about the value each player has to his own team and normally the player being inquried about is more valued by the team he would be being trade from. In the same way we value Fillpula more than others but we are able to move him if the right deal comes along because we have 2/3 guys in the minors that would be able to slid in and take his spot. They may not be as effective but we have players that could slid in and take his spot.

Edmonton doesn't have anyone in the system (that I know of) that is able to come in and play 18-20 minutes a night taking on the hardest defensive assignments and playing #1 PK. Therefore he's worth a lot more to Edmonton then he could bring in in a trade.

I'd say his value is around that of Brad Stuarts from when he was traded from LA to Detroit, maybe a little more, a 2nd+B/B- prospect.

Last edited by DatsyukToZetterberg: 03-18-2013 at 11:25 AM.
DatsyukToZetterberg is offline   Reply With Quote