View Single Post
Old
03-18-2013, 10:45 AM
ReggieMoto

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by maahchand10 View Post
What I don't understand is how a coach can be so stubborn as to know shake lines up. Oh I'm sorry he put Krejci and Seguin together for a few shifts, they lit itup then he went back to his cofort zone...Does he think he is hurting guys feelings by splitting them up?
The concern over splitting players up and redistributing them throughout the lines has nothing to do with "hurting guys feelings". It has everything to do with maintaining productivity with lines that are producing.

Right now, one line is consistently producing: Marchand, Bergeron, Seguin. Two lines are consistently producing if you also count the fourth line.

Marchand recently posted in his personal blog how his linemates are clicking because they have been playing together for some time now and they are able to depend on each other, knowing where each other is going to be, almost intuitively working together as a well-oiled machine.

Breaking this line up and redistributing the talent will not result in immediate, or even short term, results. We've seen this in the past and frankly, I'd prefer to not see this now.

The Krejci line needs to figure out what their issues are and correct them. Moving pieces around is not going to resolve that. Coach Julien has been recently forced to compensate for the missing third line center by occasionally moving different players around at different times throughout the games, but they aren't permanent moves by any stretch.

His preference seems to be -- and I hope it remains his preference -- to keep the lines together as much as possible. The first line needs to figure their issues out and resolve them. The only real holes that need to be resolved are third line related: center and wing. The solution to that will come out of either Providence or the UFA market. But the coach shouldn't be dismantling lines to address it in the long term.

ReggieMoto is offline   Reply With Quote