View Single Post
03-18-2013, 11:31 AM
vCash: 413
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
I don't agree. I think the Avs NEED to have a winner behind the bench to have credibility with their own players as well as someone who's a proven winner as a head coach (memorial cup).

You act as though the incident that happened like 5 years ago is something that happens every day with Roy behind the bench. Ridiculous. The guy has an incredible record as a GM & head coach of the Remparts ever since he started 7-8 years ago. Marc Crawford, Bob Hartley, Joel Quenneville all of these guys had that fiery competitive spirit that would come out whenever we were getting screwed over by the refs or something and at least they showed some passion, unlike the guy we presently have.
Wait... he actually did jump off the bench and fight someone?

I was just using that as an example of how he's so overly the top competitive that I think his coaching methods would wear thin on the team faster than Duchene can go coast to coast or faster than Palushaj can fall down to the ice untouched.

Yes, a head coach should be a proven winner. But I don't think bringing in a guy with the kind of temper he has is going to work in the long run. Ask yourself, how many of the most successful coaches in hockey history were known as loose cannons? Then ask yourself how many coaches were successful that were smart in how they built their team's styles and reserved their tempers for moments where it really needed to be effective.

Do you want Crawford... or Babcock?

I honestly believe we need a player's coach. Someone that can get their best out of their players by demonstrating to them they can devise a smart system and not lose their cool under pressure.

I'm Jon Cooper and I endorse this message.