View Single Post
Old
03-18-2013, 11:32 AM
Delicious Pancakes

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIBZ View Post
If I were to guess that was the paid attendance, from where we were sitting, there was scattered seats every where, I would guess more around 10-11k. Typical Oil Kings numbers, not sure why they can't draw more, great hockey as always.
I'd agree with those numbers. Maybe 12000 if a bunch of the leprechauns were down on the concourse with their parents during play, but there were way too many open seats to be anywhere close to 16000.

Lazar's goal was awesome, but not the best poke check from Pouliot as was mentioned to make for a not too difficult tuck in to the open cage. It would still be impressive to scouts in the stands though. Lazar was one of the few guys that was really engaged for a somewhat meaningless game, and his play without the puck is so impressive. I saw a number of occasions where Lazar put himself in a great position where the best play was for his teammate to pass him the puck and they kept it instead, often with mediocre results. Once he's playing with NHL players I think he'll be that much better.

Jones, Mackinnon, Drouin, Barkov, Lindholm, Monahan, Nurse, and maaaaybe Zadorov are the only players I'd take ahead of Lazar at this point.