View Single Post
Old
03-18-2013, 12:01 PM
jaster
I pay off the mods.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowah View Post
Because it's so easy for "yeah I like playing with Abby" to turn into "He specifically requested Abby for his line."
It's possible, but I'm not sure what makes it 'so easy.' I'm just relaying what I heard. If people want to claim NHLN and CBC are twisting words, or making things up, that's their prerogative. As someone who hates seeing Abdelkader in the top-6, I just found it interesting. Because even though I was not a proponent of Abs playing with Dats, I could see some good reasons for it. Whether those reasons were Babcock's, Datsyuk's, or some of both, I don't know, but I find it perfectly plausible that it was both.

Quote:
I find it incredibly hard to believe that Datsyuk, looking through the entire roster of forwards, specifically requested Abby as a winger before all others.
Why? Datsyuk's explanation sounded reasonable to me. Obviously Abdelkader isn't a request with everyone healthy, but, other than possibly Tatar when he was up, the other options were no more interesting: Miller, Eaves, Tootoo, Emmerton, and Andersson. I mean, at that point, is it really that surprising that Datsyuk would want Abdelkader? And who knows, there could be more to it. Maybe Dats wanted Abs and Tatar, but Babcock said he didn't want Tatar in the top-6, so Dats got Cleary instead. There are a number of possible scenarios, but there's nothing crazy about Datsyuk wanting Abdelkader on his line, given the circumstances.

jaster is offline   Reply With Quote