View Single Post
Old
03-18-2013, 12:11 PM
Drydenwasthebest

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Bad example, Flyers are worse because they never replaced Pronger and count on an aging Timmonen to take the lead on D... players they acquired in the Carter/Richards trade are doing just fine.

Besides, we arent doing all that bad with Prust, Bouillon and Armstrong.
Oh, I definitely agree. However, I think you are not giving Markov and Gionta enough credit. Eller as well has risen above expectations. There are multiple reasons we are doing better this year than last year. That is why I kept telling people last year that it was an aberration, not a "sky-is-falling" type of scenario. We needed Markov and Gionta back, a couple of grit and character guys, and a stable management team, and we would have been fine.

I am not saying getting new players is bad, I am saying it is not necessarily good. Ask Buffalo how they feel about the Leino and Erhoff signings since those happened as opposed to when they immediately happened.

Oh, and while losing Pronger hurts, he is just one player. Add his loss to that of Carter, Richards AND JvR and that is why the Flyers are falling. Couturier is no Mike Richards. Schenn is no Carter. Yes, SImmonds and Voracek are doing well (Voracek is doing AMAZING!), but the team is still worse than it was...so far. Since the trades, Philly has gotten worse. LA has won a Cup. Sometimes adding players works...sometimes it doesn't...and other times it takes time. Right now? Philly has lost, LA has clearly won. It gets even worse if Philly doesn't even make the playoffs and LA does, this season.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote