View Single Post
Old
03-18-2013, 12:35 PM
GermanJetsFan
Beaver Jedi

vCash: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
One thing I've seen pop up here and there on this board is if Kulda is good, why didn't he make the roster last year? You have to remember we had Enstrom, Hainsey, Stuart, Oduya, and Jones all on one way contracts last year. So he was the 6th LHD and on a two-way. He would have to be pretty exceptional to stick with the roster.

The fact that he had a good year in the KHL is the icing on the cake, not the foundation of the cake.
Because I think they thought that Kulda wasn't 100% ready to be a reliable bottom pairing guy and could use the ice time he would have gotten to develop in St. Johns. I have no doubts about that they maybe have thought that he "wouldn't be good enough" but just wanted to give him more time and go with Jones as the fill-in instead.

But their plan didn't work because Artus left to play in the KHL. They followed his play and when they needed him (like.. now ^^) they called him and he came back.

Makes you wonder if he maybe left the franchise on both sides agreement because he may thought he'd be physical enough to rock the AHL but had some issues on the breakout and other aspects. So he went to the KHL for one season to earn more money and develop what he needed to work on in Europe.

*edit*

great... Montoya on IR. No break for Pavs -.- He needs a game off!