Thread: KHL Expansion
View Single Post
Old
03-18-2013, 12:49 PM
metmag

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonimaus View Post
The only reason any of those clubs would even consider joining KHL is because they as you mentioned, are out of the 1st division. If they were all in Elitserien they'd laugh and hang up. Now they use this as some sort of "get us back or we'll leave" type of deal, because it would be, well I wouldn't say a death blow, but it would hurt swedish hockey a LOT to lose Djurgården, Malmö and Leksand.
I dont think it would hurt Swedish hockey in any way to have a club or two in the KHL.

Your use of the word 'lose' is controversial to say the least. First of all I think it is alot more beneficial for Swedish hockey to have Malmo in the KHL rather than dwelling the 2nd division for years like they have been doing.

But even if we leave all the Swedish teams the way they are, for the sake of argument, who gave you the impression that it has to be a previously established club?

HC Lev Prague is doing great, In fact despite its 7000+ average attendance this season, both other clubs Slavia and Sparta Prague went up in attendance aswell! so no fans were disrupted or stolen. They simply increased the level and interest in hockey.
I would be very interested to hear what the Czech republic 'lost' and how it hurt them. Also I would like to hear how Sweden and Czech Republic are so radically different as part of the reason why it would work in Czech but not in Sweden.