Thread: KHL Expansion
View Single Post
Old
03-18-2013, 01:26 PM
Jonimaus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by metmag View Post
Everybody knows that this years KHL bottom dwellers Riga, Amur, Yugra, and even Vityaz can dust any top Eliteserien team at any given moment.

Never mind Dynamo Moscow, SKA, and Ak-Bars
I'm not saying the top KHL teams are close to top SEL teams, they are not. But with a budget like that, not a single SEL team should be better than KHL teams, which is not the case. [mod]

Quote:
It depends who you talk to. If ultras fans of Sparta who has anti-russian attitude, he/she will tell you KHL is cancer of czech hockey. If fans of hockey who does not have anti-russian attitude, he/she tell you that is happy for great hockey games in Prague. The same about Bratislava.

IMO Swedes are more conservative than Czechs. Prague is center of Russians in Europe. Russians have big lobby/influence in Czech rep. That is one of reasons why HC Lev is succesfull. I am not sure the same enviroment is somewhere in Sweden.
The attitude in Sweden is that Sweden does not care about KHL. It's a league that gets 0 spotlight in the news. I'm not saying NHL gets much, because NHLs spotlight is minimal too, but KHL gets 0 unless a plane crashes. There's no anti-russia attitude, it's simply as I said, people don't care about KHL, and we don't want to lose our rivalries. Noone would go watch a game against Bratislava or Prag or whatever, because there is no rivalry. If KHL would take most of the clubs in SEL, form a nordic division with finnish, norwegian and danish clubs, the fans could be open to talk.

Last edited by stv11: 03-18-2013 at 05:09 PM. Reason: removed personal attack