View Single Post
Old
03-18-2013, 01:28 PM
stan the caddy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
My concerns about Gabby have absolutely nothing to do with his injury--being tentative is to be expected--and everything with the fact that Tortorella played Gabby out of position at LW. It is absolutely clear that Gabby much more comfortable and productive at RW. Hopefully, Tortorella will not try the LW experiment again.

As for Brooks' comments on Kreider I disagree. Tortorella has been very successful at integrating youth into the lineup and hasn't done anything wrong with Kreider. If anything, I think the shortened season--plus the injures to key players--has been the biggest problem. There's just not enough time to tolerate rookie mistakes and the tenative play over the course of the season and not have it affect the way a prospective is used.
I'm not crazy about Gabs playing the left wing either but when you have three right wingers that all deserve top 6 minutes, it's not an easy solution to solve.

Kreider was supposed to be an important part of the team but he didn't get it together during the lockout and it is what it is. I'm sure he'll be up before the playoffs start but it's clear that he needed a kick in the ass. The numbers he put up in the AHL were unacceptable coming from a guy that had a golden opportunity to play in a talented top 6.