View Single Post
Old
03-18-2013, 02:01 PM
NYRangers723

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I think the problem starts to appear when you use phrases like "When X starts playing like Y" then positive things will happen. I think that's a poor way to develop players. Miller is a work horse. That's his game. Same with Hagelin and Callahan. They make their living by outworking the other guy. Tortorella loves those players, and rightfully so, but using them as a cookie cutter for others is foolish.

Was Kreider playing great hockey? No he wasn't, and he deserved to be sent back to Hartford, but all of those times he was told to "watch Hagelin" was just utter stupidity, IMO. The Pens aren't bringing Beau Bennett along by telling him to watch Tyler Kennedy. They're letting him round out his game while developing his strengths.
Like Nash and Gaborik Kreider is a scorer. he isnt a defensive stopper or grinder as much as tortorella wants to turn him into that. Kreider's shot speed and size make him very valuable IF teh coach uses him right. Kreider would be great on the PP because he puts his body infront of the net and chips in the rebounds. he has been doing that in the AHL and has been hard to stop. You also need to put him with better linemates and he will be more productive. Im not a huge hockey guy but even I know how to use him more than Torts does

NYRangers723 is online now   Reply With Quote