03-18-2013, 02:01 PM
ck26
Alcoholab User

vCash: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhXcoyotes View Post
http://m.ussoccer.com/News/Mens-Nati...ning-Camp.aspx

Wow. Horrible defense.

No experience. Our LB and RB will be horrible, Omar Gonzalez has sucked for the national team, and Geoff Cameron doesn't even play CB for Stoke. I don't get why Chandler, And Bocanegra weren't included. I also thought that Fabian Johnson was supposed to be okay to play?

Goodson getting the call pisses me off. He's horrible. Look at the Russia friendly, and the Antigua and Barbuda qualifier. He always causes at least 1 goal by himself.

To add to all of this, we're playing without Tim Howard. While Guzan Is a capable back up, he's not Tim Howard who the US have relied on to save their ass the past few years.

The Mexican attack is going to eat us alive.
Howard is irrelevant because he's injured and unavailable. No sense is crying over injured players. Guzan is fantastic, Rimando is capable and there are plenty of MLS goalies -- Johnson, Kennedy, Hamid -- who I'd be fine with for a couple games during qualifying.

I don't understand our midfield / attacking options. Brek Shea is the only real "natural" wide player in the midfield except for Beasley ... Zusi can kinda do it, but that's about it. Bradley has to start in CM, and Edu, Jones and Beckerman are essentially only able to play alongside him in CM. Using a compact midfield 3 (Beasley/Jones/Edu or Zusi) in the center can work against some teams with ... Gomez, Dempsey and Shea up top? I don't have a good answer about which wide player it's supposed to be -- Gatt, Wondolowski, Beasley -- opposite Shea, but we need to find more width to stretch all the non-Mexican defenses in CONCACAF. I hope this roster works, but I don't think Shea / Beasley alone are enough width in the middle.

ck26 is offline   Reply With Quote