View Single Post
Old
03-18-2013, 03:06 PM
Trl3789

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Agreed 100%. You're still signing up for a team, it's a team sport and the concept is if a team does it's best they will win. If you're not in it to help the team win then you should be playing pickup where nobody is keeping score. I wonder if this is a generational gap as the kids being raised today play games where nobody keeps score and we have the laziest generation of kids in the history of the world. On the other hand since we're talking about rec league I think it's up to all types of players to find the best fit for them. If you're on a team where it's win at all costs and if you lose guys are throwing sticks after the game then you can always find a different team. If I'm on a team where nobody cares about winning then I'll find a new team. One thing about being an adult is you're not going to change people's mentality by yelling and screaming at them. Find the place where you belong and you're happy, fun is subjective.
Sorry, I know this is OT, but this really irks me. It's such an oversimplification of a complex issue.