Thread: KHL Expansion
View Single Post
Old
03-18-2013, 02:59 PM
Jonimaus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VladNYC View Post
I'm really getting tired of this nonsense of "No one will come watch the best team in my home country!" b.s. that we have heard many times. How many times does this have to be proven wrong? You guys sound like Scandinavian Don Cherry's, all because lets face it, you don't like the country that started the KHL. How many times do we need to hear the same crap about storied rivalries? All it will take is Evgeni Artyukhin to kick the crap out of a few of your guys and your fans will be dying for the home team to get revenge next time. You don't think people in Scandinavia will show up to see the local boys take on the "the minions of the evil Russian oil oligarchy?" Grow up and welcome to the 21st century. Keeping things the same just because "we've always done it that way" worth ****.
Post this on any swedish forum/website and people will laugh at you. What a redicilous post. If you don't know what you're talking about, stop talking. Why are Djurgården fans still fans of the club after being sent down to 2nd division when the same city has a team in the SEL? How come stockholm has a bunch of football clubs, some in the 2nd division, with your sad logic they should have 0 fans, since the same city has 3 clubs in the top division. You go to watch the team you support, not the one that wins.

If this is how sports is in Russia, I feel sorry for you, honestly. What a bunch of winning-team-joiners, beyond pathetic.

Quote:
My point is to warn you as Swede that if Russians (KHL) wanted, they would "destroy" your league because they have money and influence. By destroy I mean luring all best Elitserien players and doing thing Champions League style of competition dont survive
Why has it not happend yet? It should be their goal right, to get the best players to create the best league. Seems they are doing a very bad job of destroying SEL, even though they could whenever they wanted.

Last edited by Jonimaus: 03-18-2013 at 03:16 PM.