View Single Post
Old
03-18-2013, 03:01 PM
O23L
Auston Matthews 2016

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ck26 View Post
Howard is irrelevant because he's injured and unavailable. No sense is crying over injured players. Guzan is fantastic, Rimando is capable and there are plenty of MLS goalies -- Johnson, Kennedy, Hamid -- who I'd be fine with for a couple games during qualifying.

I don't understand our midfield / attacking options. Brek Shea is the only real "natural" wide player in the midfield except for Beasley ... Zusi can kinda do it, but that's about it. Bradley has to start in CM, and Edu, Jones and Beckerman are essentially only able to play alongside him in CM. Using a compact midfield 3 (Beasley/Jones/Edu or Zusi) in the center can work against some teams with ... Gomez, Dempsey and Shea up top? I don't have a good answer about which wide player it's supposed to be -- Gatt, Wondolowski, Beasley -- opposite Shea, but we need to find more width to stretch all the non-Mexican defenses in CONCACAF. I hope this roster works, but I don't think Shea / Beasley alone are enough width in the middle.
I was just stating that were playing without our best keeper, I am we'll aware of what Guzan and the others can bring, but I would still love having Howard back there. His leadership of the team and experience of International matches put him above the rest, though.

I would play a 4-1-3-2. Use Beckerman or Edu in the Defensive Mid spot, with Bradley in Center Mid. Put Shea and Zusi on his sides, and throw Dempsey and Johnson up top.

Knowing Klinnsman, Gomez will play with Dempsey. Personally, I'd like to see Johnson with him. EJ and Deuce had some great chemistry when they played together. EJ also is a more complete striker. Better speed, and in the air.

O23L is offline   Reply With Quote