View Single Post
Old
03-18-2013, 03:57 PM
Roadman
Moving On

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinze 57 View Post
I rooted for us to lose and get the #1 pick last year and it didn't work out. I'm never rooting for the CBJ to tank again.

Would I love to have one of these prospects we've heard so much about? Sure, but I think you get something out of winning and playing meaningful games late in the season, especially with a young roster where each game can be a teaching moment. We'll probably miss the playoffs with this group, but I don't think they were ever set up to be the worst team in the league. It just wasn't going to happen this year unless we finally get a lucky bounce in the lottery, which would be a first.

And that said, there's no guarantee that the #1 pick will become a franchise player. Look at Edmonton. Their #1's are still young, but they're not exactly setting the world on fire. We'll get three solid pros out of the first round, Boone Jenner will be up next year, so will Ryan Murray and we'll be ready to compete in the new division right away.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, you really need to love these Jackets because that's the team you're going to see next year. There may be some tweaks but what you see is what you get.

Whoever is drafted will not be on the squad next year, they are going to be seasoned and developed, no more draft saviors. I wouldn't even bet on Jenner, probably starts in SPR.

Roadman is offline   Reply With Quote