View Single Post
Old
03-18-2013, 04:08 PM
Jester9881

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
It'll be an interesting off-season, that's for sure.

I don't think we'll see much action at the deadline though, especially not from the Islanders (which we're all used to, I suppose)

The NYR are a strange case. They have such a solid team on paper and in spurts, they look deadly in games, yet they get such poor results. Good mix of vets and youth, they have size, they play hard, block shots, battle with and without the puck in all zones.....weird.

They are a roster that has almost zero holes.

Yet Gaborik and B. Richards are lost out there, invisible at times. I think Nash has been good (in the games I saw) but seems to play by himself out there. Bad chemistry I suppose.
They traded their meat and potatoes for some garnish, and they're left wondering why they go to bed hungry.

Look at what they lost:
Dubinsky
Anisimov
Prust
Fedotenko

Besides their center depth going out the window...those are all guys that would dive in front of pucks, muck in the corners, hit, fight... etc..etc...

Rick Nash is a great player, but they would have been much better served trading Chris Kreider for him instead. You have to imagine that had they done that last year.... they probably beat the Devils and at least make it to the Finals.

Jester9881 is offline   Reply With Quote