Thread: Player Discussion: Marian Gaborik
View Single Post
Old
03-18-2013, 04:33 PM
Callafan24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardacus View Post
I actually feel bad for Nash in all of this. You know he thought he was coming to a contender team after what the Rangers did last year, and you can see he is trying. I hope something works out.
I respectfully disagree. The thing about Rick Nash is that (because of his career in Columbus) he is heralded as a low maintenance superstar. Even with our offensive struggles this season, I'm sure this is the best team he's ever played on in the NHL, and he's been our most consistent offensive threat all season.

As for MG10, we have absolutely no choice but to play him on RW from here on out. I understand that Torts shouldn't have to adjust his lineup for Gaborik's poor play, but we need him in his natural position to A) put him in a better position to succeed, and B) give him some games to raise his value should we decide to move him at the deadline. Add to that the fact that Rick Nash is every bit as comfortable on the left side and we're looking at this as our top-6 until the deadline.

Nash Stepan Gaborik
Hagelin Richards Callahan

Im rooting for the guy, as we've seen some great hockey from him over the past three years, but if Gabby can't find open space with Nash on the opposite side, and our best center in between the two of them, we have to explore trade options to shore up our lack of toughness and 2nd/3rd line/RHD depth.