View Single Post
Old
03-18-2013, 06:19 PM
thefeebster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbitterguy View Post
people here are really high on the langaniere kid but the highlight video i saw he doesn't look like a skilled player, certainly not a potential top 6er like i've read some comments describing him. blomstrand looks way more skilled and was playing against men not college kids. (really excited to see what he can do in north america) i'd be happy to get langaniere in the system even if he tops out at 3rd line center but what am i missing?
He's not going to be a star, but i still believe he has top 6 potential. He certainly has the game for the bottom 6 as well and that may very well be where he ends up. But I find his skill fairly evident and that's why i think he has top 6 potential. At his size, he has very good hands, in several clips, he dances through defenders stick-handling. In one, he takes a pass with his right foot, kicks it to his left and then from the left to his stick, all the while not losing speed and gets off a shot. Or the close opportunity where he does a back-handed wrap around, not an easy move at all. Or the best goal IMO, which was from one knee, backhand top shelf. You can't do this if you have little to no skill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
thefeebster, I don't think you get thanked nearly enough for the work you put in.

Thanks again for the videos.
Thanks for the kind words!