View Single Post
Old
03-18-2013, 05:26 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
Did not state that whatsoever. You said we should trade Richards because he will have only one season left on his contract....that is the case for Gaborik, not Richards.

There is no way on earth anyone trades for the Richards contract, which has SEVEN years remaining after this year, not one. Richards is a candidate for a buyout, but certainly not a trade.
Plus Richards has a No-Movement Clause I believe in every year of his contract. So even if he was playing better and the Rangers wanted to trade him and there was a suitor, he would have to consent to it and wavie his clause. Of course none of this is happening....

Unless Richards somehow surprises everyone and has a monster turn-around next season, Rangers should buy him out NEXT off-season.... I really don't care about the money aspect of it because it's Dolan's piggy bank that takes the hit and lord knows he's got plenty of it.... After this there will be no more mulligans for Sather.