View Single Post
Old
03-18-2013, 05:49 PM
Libbs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachfluffy View Post
First point is that even if he did it does not mean Johnson will be found guilty. With Ducharme as the lawyer, there is a good chance he will not.

I don't think any of us are naive to think that there is no drinking in junior hockey. Not only is drinking not unheard of amongst teenagers, the players are away from home for the first time. Add to that the rock star treatment they receive by the fans and it is not that far of a stretch to assume that is not rare at all.

It was about the time when the current regime took over that players I knew started playing junior. Spits players would tell stories about star players getting in fights downtown and have to be rescued by teammates. The star would be scurried away in a cab, while the others remained to clean up any messes. They also told stories of parties at one of the coaches' house. Billets I know would relate how they would come home late from their own kids' games to find the liquor bottles empty.

I am sure all teams can tell similar stories, all of which could be told of many high schoolers. More shocking with a player because of their 'fame'.
You are 100% correct.

Though I don't think any of us are really naive about it.... at least I'm not. It's just a sad state as to how each generation keeps getting worse.