View Single Post
Old
03-18-2013, 05:50 PM
Suddenly Zyuzin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
Because they still have Thorton, Marleau and possibly even Pavelski to try and convince that this team is a team they should want to stay with after next season and is committed to winning in the next few years.

If this team trades Boyle for strictly a package of futures that are years away from making any kind of impact why would those players if they really want to win a championship stay beyond next year?

1.66 million in cap space is nothing to sneeze at either. 1.66 million can buy quite the difference in players.

Anyways I'll drop the Martin for Boyle talk.

If the Sharks are serious about trading Boyle I do think you'd end up seeing a Dman with a decent size salary coming back like a Martin, Liles, Meszaros to help fill the minutes lost by trading Boyle and for the cap to work for the team trading for him.

The Sharks will need that D to because once you remove Boyle that isn't nearly as good because every player will be slotted one spot higher then they've been and their weaknesses will start getting exposed.
First of all, Sharks winning a championship with this core is laughable now. Secondly, if they really were going for that, why would they trade Boyle? For a much worse player and get only $1.6 million of space? That will convince those guys that this is where they want to be? Cause the Sharks can now sign another Adam Burish?

I really am not understanding what you think the motivation for the Sharks here would be? If they are trading Boyle, they are essentially starting their rebuild. You don't rebuild with Paul Martin. And I don't get why you keep ignoring the fact that on any given night, the Sharks have a couple of defensemen who really aren't much worse than Paul freaking Martin not playing. Seriously, do not worry about the Sharks replacing Boyle's minutes. Specially not with Martin or Liles or Mesjaros. They already got guys who can do that.

Suddenly Zyuzin is offline   Reply With Quote