Thread: Value of: Mike Smith next contract?
View Single Post
Old
03-18-2013, 07:02 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
After 1 good year? No way. Not a chance in hell. He'd be lucky to get $4 a year with the way he is playing. Did I mention that he has a history of injuries and inconsistent play?

As a Coyote fan, I don't want him back. Not at anything more than $4. His antics have worn on me and he has been mediocre at best this year. His numbers would be absolutely embarrassing if he didn't get those 4 shutouts via the team in front of him.
This Yotes fan would love to have Smitty back, but he's been inconsistent this year. He's been pretty healthy other than that missed week after the first Chicago meltdown, so I'm not worried about his health. He's had a few good/great games, but a worrying number of softies have gotten past him as well.

Granted, the Coyotes D has not been consistent either with defensive breakdowns and turnovers a plenty, but Smith simply has not been stealing games for us when that happens compared to last year. 4-4.5 million tops is what I'd like to see him resign for. Hopefully he steps up like he did down the stretch last year.

IPreferPi is offline   Reply With Quote