View Single Post
Old
03-18-2013, 07:25 PM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

vCash: 500
Would'a, could'a, should'a ???

Sorry if this has been discussed before as I can't imaging it hasn't.

With consideration to the Staal injury as of late.

What is your speculative opinion, on if we kept our ECF qualifying team together and added to them Semin instead of trading for Nash and depleting our scoring depth?

I know part of the trade was exchanging Dubie's salary for Nash's to make it work but I can't help thinking if we could have made it work otherwise, things might be different this season.

1) We would have our 1st as a consolation prize in case we pooped the bed either way.

2) We would have the secondary scoring we so sorely lack regardless of Prust & Fed's as well as the defensive work Arty & Duby excelled at.

3) Erixon, depending on development path during/after the lockout, would either be filling in for Staal, or could have been packaged by now to fill our obvious hole at RD, who knows maybe even a RD PMD.

I'm not a cap geek, so I don't know if we could have made the salaries work adding Semin to almost the same team that busted it's butt to the ECF. But I can't help but wonder.....

FYI, I do thoroughly enjoy watching Nash in Broadway Blue so I'm not dogging him at all.

**edit* Not paniking either, just disapointed. I expected a little step back because/when we made the trade but not this debacle.

Last edited by x BEUKEBOOM x: 03-18-2013 at 07:33 PM.
x BEUKEBOOM x is offline   Reply With Quote