Old
03-18-2013, 07:47 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry Valk View Post
Clowe is finished? Is he even 30?
Didn't you know? When a guy has one bad season, he's finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post
That's pretty harsh. He's a very young man and his antics were hardly in the realm of serious crimes.

I'd think an experienced observer such as yourself would want to see him play in the pros before jettisoning him for a bottom 6 tough in a deep slump.
In normal terms, I'd agree. However, a guy of Clowe's caliber (no, I don't think he's finished), with the interest he's drawing from teams around the league, would require giving something of quality. The Sharks won't give him away, otherwise they might as well keep him even at the risk of losing him for nothing this summer.

Of the upper-tier prospects in the organization, Kristo is likely the one I'd "sacrifice" for a deal like that.

To go a bit further on Clowe, I truly believe that coach Todd McLellan has lost his dressing room as the message isn't passing through anymore. My only concern about Clowe is injuries... is he seriously hurt, preventing him from performing at the level that he normally can? Or would a change of scenery do him some good? If he has a good end of the season (if he's traded to Montreal), I would see the Habs re-signing him during the summer.

My two cents. (Oops, can we say that now that the Government has cancelled them?)