View Single Post
Old
03-18-2013, 08:04 PM
biturbo19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
I was watching the Buffalo-Washington game last night, and a few things stood out.

Marcus Johansson looked great, not just when he was scoring or almost scoring. He was in rumours regarding Luongo to Washington...and yesterdays game took him from "nice to have" to "we need that guy".

Any way, both are bottom feeding teams, likely selling off assets at or before the deadline. Unless we decide to join them in the "high draft pick club" this year, I think some trades could be made for futures.
I've always really liked Johansson's game and potential there. I think with his wheels, he could be a really nice fit here. He'd fill a role a lot like Raymond, but for less money, and when he's pressed into duty at Center...he's actually a natural center.

Had a really rough stretch to start the year, but seems to be coming around now. Definitely a piece i would be interested in. If we were to deal Luongo there, something with Johansson and Orlov would make me pretty happy as a return. Not sure if they really have much interest in that sort of thing though.

I'd be curious what assets other than one of our goalies might fetch us Johansson. It'd be bold, some might say crazy...but i'd think about shipping Raymond at the deadline as an impending UFA if the assets he returned could potentially get us Johansson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
Can't belive Vermette was only traded for a second last year. Would have much rather targeted him than Pahlsson. To be fair the Jackets would probably want more than a 2 nd from us seeing as at the time we were a favorite at the cup and the Yotes were a fringe playoff team.
It's a point of great frustration for me as well. Something i dwell on from time to time.

Oh well, missed the boat. These are the sort of deals i really want to see though. Grab guys while their value is bottomed out for cheap...watch them turn their game around again and flourish in the right situation.