View Single Post
Old
08-02-2006, 08:13 AM
whiplash

vCash: 500
if you're going the zoo and want a place nearby to eat, i'd recommend the sterling tavern or the wellington pub which are on hertel avenue, abotu a 1 minute drive up from the zoo. the wellington has amazing fish fry on fridays, fantastic burgers and other standard pub fare. the sterling has a very nice selection of brews if you are into that sort of thing, a lot of smaller and local breweries and pretty good food to boot. i'd say wellington to eat and sterling to drink. there's some other quality bars on that street. not as hopping as chippewa, it's more laid back but you'll meet some interesting people and the crowd is a good mix of the ages/type of drinkers.
if you like golf, delaware park kinda sucks, but after 4 oclock it's something like, 7 bucks for 18 holes (on the weekday) and there's a good mix of 3 and 4 pars with three or four 5 pars. not too challenging, but cheap
food downtown you'll have to decide for yourself depending on what you want... the Irish Times right across from the ballpark has some seriously b*itchin nachos, century grill/pearl street grill & brewery/city grill have good... well, i think you can figure out what they have :p
as far as activities around b-lo there's mostly what people have said so far: niagara falls, bisons games are good for a couple hours entertainment and you can seats for about 7 bucks i think, cheap. you already said you are goin to the zoo but i can tell ya, i worked there two summers and it sucks the balls. i suppose if you've never seen it it's worth the 8 bucks though... yeah um, that's abotu it, haha. not much to do

if you're looking for wings, make the 35/40 minute drive out to the bar bill tavern in east aurora. they have the best wings in western new york, bar none. duff's is closer and good but truth be told, there wings are pretty formulaic. the bar bill's selection and quality is out of this world. funny crowd too, especially if there's a game on (which since it's not hockey/football season i dont suppose there'd be much to watch :p)
have fun. if you dont get gunned down in crossfire, try not to die of boredom while your here

whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote