View Single Post
Old
03-18-2013, 09:15 PM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
With all that said, you have implied that there are other options on the table, which is why I'll ask for the third time, which past trade of a rental brought a return where the picks weren't the most significant part, i.e. where the prospects were not projects or the roster player was something other than a spare part?
I didn't have the proper context, my bad. On the question you just asked I already answered that. It was never my contention that rentals return top prospects, simply that prospects received for rentals weren't the top priority, and perhaps if they were we would see more high end prospects traded as opposed to 1st round picks. We can't know that because 1st and 2nd round picks are the primary commodity at the deadline.

In any case, I've seen names like Schroeder, Devante Smith-Pelley, Mark McNeill mentioned for guys like Ribeiro and Roy. None of those are blue chip prospects to anyone and all could, by some measure, be legitimately called project prospects with either questionable ability of reaching high potential (Schroeder) or relatively subdued top end NHL potential (DSP and McNeill).

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote