View Single Post
Old
03-18-2013, 09:40 PM
massey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by getrdone71 View Post
Too be honest I watch all the home games and been to alot of away games and your right after he was benched he did have a little more fire under him. BUT he has never changed his way of play always will be a high risk player at all times to be honest that is when he is effective. You need a puck handling D to carry it and that is what he brings. Is he always perfect and never screws up (never) should he limit his times and identify when to carry the puck up and when to dump it? (definatly) but that will come in time in the next couple of years this young kid will be solid force on our D.(IMHO)
my comment about bouch was he also is a high risk player that will shoot from anywhere on the ice (i love this about the kid) but last year defence wasnt his #1 priority but he has work on it and has become one of the best players on this team and through out the OHL.

With Nemchek, my opinion is that a import pick should be an impact player when he comes over immediatly (IMO) but also he is very young (1995) if he was a normal draft pick i have no issue with him as he will get better and he has started to realize that the is a big kid(6'4) and can use that to his advantage he would do well in then year or so. But to keep an import pick for a project i just dont see that (sorry).
I will be the first one to tell you that we need a D man that can move the puck Offensively.No one is a bigger fan of Scott Niedermayers,Paul Coffey or even Bobby Orr than me.He played his best games after being benched because he was making better decisions when to carry the puck and when to move or pass it.He also skated as hard back to his D position as he did when on the offence.This is what is lacking now,not coming back hard and when coming back,at least pick up that trailing opposition.He is also not picking a man up in his own end.The opposition are standing around the net area untouched.Appears to me laziness or cockiness??.Could be wrong.It is also starting to show on some of the other players.They are tired of it also.I will be the first to say this kid could be one of the most talented players on D in the OHL in years to come as soon as he start to apply his talent.Habits are hard to break and now is the time to start.Without a JP in net this would have been much worst for sure.I hope to be here next year writing how awesum of a season he has had.Thanks for a hard fought season Sting and good luck in the playoffs