vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonMorrison View Post
Here's some to get you started:

Grabovski from Kessel.

Grabovski from Kessel.

Kulemin from Kessel & Grabovski.

Grabovski from Kessel & Liles.

Man, guys. It's like Kessel is using his playmaking ability so the sniper Grabovski can pot goals. Hmm...

Not to mention there have been many shifts during line changes where they've cycled strongly and created chances that weren't goals. These above goals are also from when they were worse players than they are now - there is no reason NOT to try them together.
First of all, assuming these YT videos weren't copy/paste from somewhere else, let me say I appreciate you taking the time to dig up evidence for your case. With that being said, I don't want to come off like a jerk going through them one by one writing them off, but that's exactly what I'm going to do.

1. It was a 4-on-4 play, Dion gained the zone and held it in order to setup a play. 5-on-5 this wouldn't happen as often.

2. This one was a beauty pass from Kessel to Grabo. I don't doubt Kessel can setup his linemates with tap ins, and I don't doubt Grabo can find the back of the net. That's why I'd personally want to put him with Kadri, it's what Kadri does. Kessel needs someone to give HIM the tap ins, not the other way around.

3. This was a broken play from the get go. I dismiss this type of play not because it doesn't support what I believe, but rather because chemistry isn't about talented players finding the back of the net on a broken play. It's about how they play within the system that the coach wants them to play in.

4. This is another 4-on-4 play, so I have a hard time counting this. Again, the defensemen (this time I believe it was Komisarek) gains the zone for them then it turns into a broken play. Grabo goes behind the net on the boards to retrieve the puck, it happens to fly out to Kessel who's alone in front of the net, he draws two defenders, loses the puck, Liles is pinching because it's 4-on-4 and feeds Grabovski the puck where he crashes the net and scores on pure individual effort on a nifty goal.

I don't want to argue with moving goal posts, so let me make it clear - and for the record, I am open to education here, if my definition of chemistry lacks insight, please let me know - what I consider chrmistry is a line that is able to play well within a system. How to gain the zone, how to keep offensive pressure, how to break out in the neutral zone, etc. Broken plays, 4-on-4 and tap ins are pretty much the sum of what I don't consider legitimate chemistry.

Hope that makes sense.

MuchoMacho is offline   Reply With Quote