View Single Post
Old
03-18-2013, 09:03 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABasin View Post
I hear your point, and while part of me understands the logic there, another part of me looks at your story of a junior high school kid (my guess) and is having trouble comparing that to a 23 year old, 6 year pro making $3.5M per year. Are EJ's confidence and performance that delicate and so easily affected by a coach? If so, I'm kind of inclined to suggest he start using big girl panties and get his ass to work. I don't think there's any coach on earth who doesn't rub part of his roster the wrong way. I don't think there's any coach on earth who instills confidence in 100% of his players. Yet, they're all expected to perform a certain way.

All of that said, Sacco is a dunce. Playing Hunwick over EJ/Barrie is indeed nuts.
Are you suggesting that if I had earned a salary when I was younger and playing on that team, I wouldn't have lost my confidence?

I guess the part you're missing is that the coach is the LEADER of the team and essentially the same as your BOSS in a work environment. If your boss stops having faith in your abilities, can't that essentially lead to loss of confidence in one's abilities?

Last edited by Frenchy: 03-18-2013 at 09:47 PM.
Bender is online now   Reply With Quote