Thread: KHL Expansion
View Single Post
Old
03-18-2013, 09:10 PM
od71

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Another misconception by certain poster that Finns and Swedes want to see their best players playing at home. No Finn (well maybe some fans of his former team) wanted Sami Vatanen to play another season in Finland because we recognize that he needs to play in a better league to develop better and fulfill his potential. We want our best players to play in the best league in the world so that we'd have a better national team.
Frankly, It just surprised me a bit. The way of thinking of Finns and Swedes is quite strange.
Because this situation (NHL-European leagues) until recently reminded me feudalism. There are master and vassals. Master always gets the best from the vassals almost for nothing. Do you think it is fair? When players Ovi's Malkin's caliber went for 200 thousand $. Have we to do something to change it or live with it?
I thought everybody in Europe would approve the foundation of the competitive league but I see reverse reaction.
In 1990s and 2000s I also thought that all good players eventually will follow overseas to play in the best league in the world. But now, look at Malkin. This season in the KHL he played excellent hockey, he played with Mozyakin, Kulemin. He enjoyed hockey. I don't talk about money. This line, I still think was most spectacular to watch both in the NHL and the KHL this season. Right now in the NHL he is struggling with left wingers carousel: Tangradi, Boychuck and others.
If you play in the NHL it doesn't automatically mean that you play your best possible hockey.

Last edited by od71: 03-18-2013 at 10:12 PM.