Thread: Value of: Rundblad to Dallas
View Single Post
Old
03-18-2013, 09:19 PM
DesertDawg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
In Ottawa he had some trouble with the defensive side of his game but I'm not sure how he's progressed in pheonix.
he's a good skater, has an amazing outlet pass, great shot.
I noticed in the prospect games he would join the rush but get caught to deep in the offensive zone leaving some odd man rushes the other way. but i mean he could have been trying to show off his talents it was a prospect game.
he also in the NHL he sometimes seemed out of it or something sometimes he would not even notice a puck right infront of him and then when he notices he missed a play he would nonchalantly skate back. it seemed maybe he was not ready for the pace of NA hockey and the amount of time and space a player has to make plays and decisions.

he has really good offensive instinct and may even become a really really good offensive defenseman but from last i saw really needs to have some time in the minors rounding out the defensive side of his game.
Coyote's management has praised his defensive progression. The way he picks up his defensive assignments. Unfortunately, for DR, Tippet likes to pair an offensive D-man with a defensive D-man, so he is challenging Schlemko for that last bottom 6 spot. It doesn't help him to be the #7 and it didn't help with such a shorten preseason. Stone is a much better defensive type D-man.

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote