View Single Post
Old
08-02-2006, 09:45 AM
Marchy79

vCash: 500
Ribeiro has been debated around here forever.... Unfortunately, I believe it's due to people seeing their view of the hockey player Ribeiro represents.

In what was considered a 'bad season' by so many around here, must not realize that Mike Ribeiro was middle of the pack in second line scoring (# 47/60)... He contributed 53 points, and yes he went through those slumps... but I am in belief it was a sophomore slump.

People say Mike ribeiro doesnt suit their mould of what a second line center should be... The last 1/4 + playoffs changed a total hater of Mike Ribeiro in to an absolute fan. He was beginning to really grow in to his role, and all distractions aside... Mike Ribeiro at the end of the season is not the same guy that went in to the beginning of the year IMO.
He worked incredibly hard after the trade deadline, Gainey was putting his polish on his game. I for one dont expect a rebound season.... I expect a season of growth out of him... He was one of our stronger forecheckers down the stretch... He was making great plays in neutral ice, scoring pivotal goals against teams like the Sens down the stretch with the Thrashers breating down our necks...
If the Mike Ribeiro that showed up in the time frame I am talking about in the upcoming season... IMO, a lot of people will be believers of the man.

In all finality, I'd like to think for a second... of A solid combination of Sammy, Kovy, and a playmaker like Ribs... With that determination he earned his last chance... Basically a reprieve, cause the axe was going to come down on him... However Mikey realized something as well... His value was ... That's what IMO committed the change in his game. We WILL see a determined Mike Ribeiro... I am convinced of it

Marchy79 is offline   Reply With Quote