View Single Post
Old
03-18-2013, 09:22 PM
Teufelsdreck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Leafs aren't as bad as is being portrayed (can't believe I am incessantly defending those chumps).

It's pretty obvious that their goalies are not helping them much. They've had a string of losses, but it's not like they're the flyers or struggling mightily like the rangers. They've lost some close games, just a few more than we have. They do have an offense (now that lupul is back) that is very dangerous. They win faceoffs and are good on the PP. Their D isn't that bad although lately Phaneuf has been returned to his usual gaffe-prone self. If they didn't have Carlyle, who knows how to win unlike Wilson, they would collapse, but he's doing a good job of developing a system for them. Kadri has been extremely solid for them so really their only weakness is failing to bring Jake Gardiner up. I think them against Boston would be a very entertaining series.

As for Orr, I tend to agree that he doesn't help them play better hockey at all. It's more of a fangasm surrounding the truculence obsession. I certainly hope that they continue their losing streak, but I think they're about to turn it around and get back on track. That's why we need to make sure we win the games we're supposed to (I know, Gorges doesn't follow that perspective, but as fans, you know which teams I mean).
How are they going to be transformed into winners or even become competitive when they can't win their regular season games against the Bruins?