View Single Post
Old
03-18-2013, 09:31 PM
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Yeah he is probably a Jarrett Stoll type, second/third line tweener that is a dynamite special teams player. Hopeful more consistent than Stoll who has actual crossed the 60 point mark in his career. But he could be a #2 still, Helm at the 3 hole does make it an interesting exercise. Helm is too good to be a fourth line center, but Sheahan will likely be a better #3 if it end up he cannot crack the top 6.

I am a big fan he has a lot of tools to work with and a smart hockey IQ. We will see what he becomes, he has made an outstanding transition to pro hockey, but so did Abdelkader. Of course Sheahan was always believed to have a higher ceiling.
Don't want to derail another thread here, but I hope his ceiling is higher than Abby's, and that he reaches it

I'd love for him to show enough in GR to get a real crack at the Wings lineup in the next year or 2. It would get a little crowded at the C position in the bottom 9 with Helm, Andersson, Emmerton and Sheahan, but they could move Emmerton in a deal (and Andersson too if we end up with enough good wingers). It'd be great to have solid depth down the middle, and maybe Sheahan could be good enough offensively to play top 6 mins at C if D or Z get banged up.

Brick Top is offline   Reply With Quote