View Single Post
Old
08-02-2006, 10:41 AM
BigTimer*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperMonkey View Post
Lack of work ethic for being 175? Dude (or dudette), some people just aren't built in a way that they can naturally get big, just like some models can eat like a cow, not workout, not take drugs and not get liposuction and still look like a toothpick. I don't know if that is the case but I would give him the benefit of the doubt. I suppose Ribs could start taking steriods to get big but...that brings (imo) other problems into the mix.

As for lack of ethics in general, well, yeah, he is a punk so I would never consider him a classy guy And he should really shut his mouth sometimes.
It's not an issue of getting big... it's an issue of being a normal sized NHL player. Don't tell me we're stuck with one of the only players in modern NHL history who has trouble cracking 175 despite being 6'1 (goalies aside). Even Briere who's knocked for being slight weighs more than Ribeiro despite being a fair bit shorter. It just boils down to Ribeiro being too lazy to get himself to 190-195. He'd need to devote almost every waking second towards conditioning to get up to 195 but it's doable and with the type of commitment the Habs have shown him for almost a decade it should be expected for Mike to give back at least that much but he just isn't willing to do it and with his attitude, I wouldn't hold my breath.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote