View Single Post
Old
12-23-2003, 10:18 AM
markov`

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
Markov had a tremendous breakthrough season last year. This season he's seemingly lost some confidence, suffered an ankle injury, and just doesn't seem to be all there on some plays. He's still immensely talented and I do expect him to continue developing into a fine top pairing defenseman. He's phenominal in all three zones when he's on his game, and there's no doubt that he'd be a main ingredient for the future's PP success as well.

Being an all-star isn't out of the question either.

Right now Markov is being used as Montreal's number five defenseman. I suspect he's still nursing an ankle injury, and he's paired with Komisarek. He hasn't seen top PP unit ice time either, which further leads me to believe he's playing injured.

Bulis was playing on Montreal's third line (with Juneau and Dackell) for most of last season and the first couple months of this season. A few weeks back, Bulis moved up to the top line with Koivu and Ryder, and has been excellent up there. His confidence with the puck is growing by the game, and he's getting more and more offensive chances. He cycles the puck very well, isn't afraid of danger areas, and isn't shy when shooting the puck.

Overall he isn't a top line talent, but he's one of those jack of all trades players who will keep the team moving. I suspect he'll be used to spark any line lacking jump, or used on any line that's struggling in their own zone since he's developed quite nicely on the defensive end. I would expect his point production to improve so long as he sticks on the Koivu line.
Bulis played the last 20 games (approx.) of the 2002-03 season with Koivu & Zednik.