View Single Post
Old
03-18-2013, 11:06 PM
zarley zelepukin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by In Rejean We Trust View Post
I've watched a good amount of Flyers games this year, and had a question about Rinaldo. I'm sure he's the type of player that you love when he's on your team (you in general, not Philadelphia). Would you say he gets extra attention from officials which leads to phantom/questionable calls against him? Is this similar to what happened to Dan Carcillo towards the end of his time in Philly?

I know he's the type of guy that goes 100% all the time, and is always looking to hit somebody and go full speed (not a bad thing). Does this style of play (which I think is fine on its own), coupled with his reputation, hurt his value to the team? Basically, do you think there will be a point where his reputation and the attention that it brings outweighs his aggressive and physical style of play? I'm not making an opinion one way or the other, I'm asking because you guys will know better.
It's been an issue in the past, but I haven't seen it as often this year. I think he's started to break free from that reputation a little bit. While the refs will probably always keep an eye on him, I think he's got more freedom to play his game now as long as he stays within the rules.

zarley zelepukin is offline   Reply With Quote