View Single Post
Old
03-19-2013, 12:09 AM
RangersChamps2417

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
I proposed this on the trade board early today. It got pretty good responses from the three fan bases.

Receive:
Vancouver's 2013 1st.
Kassian
Booth/Raymond
Edmonton's 2013 2nd.

Receive:
Gaborik
Edmonton's 2014 1st
NYR's 2013 3rd

Receive:

Luongo
Boyle

Analysis:

NYR essentially replenishes what the team lost in the Nash trade, receiving two roster players and a first round pick in this year's draft. Vancouver get's the goalscorer they are in the market for while simulatenously clearing Luongo's salary to fit Gaborik easier. Vancouver also receives Edmonton's 2014 first round pick which is likely to be somewhere between excellent (first overall) to fair (about twelfth or so) and NYR's 2013 3rd. Edmonton receives the NHL ready players at positions that desperately need filling, those positions being in net and at 3C. Note that I did not have Edmonton giving up their 1st this year because

1.) They know it's more likely to be sweeter than the 2014 pick
2.) They're trading their 2nd round pick to NYR in this scenario, which would leave them without a 1st and a 2nd at the draft if they trade this year's 1st too.
3.) They know that Vancouver still sees value in their 2014 pick.
I saw this before. Seems like a solid deal and something I would be happy with as a Rangers fan, even though I don't want Gabby gone. I think the hardest part would be to convince the Oilers to do the deal. But maybe they can be replaced by a team like the Leafs or Panthers (just off the top of my head).