View Single Post
Old
03-19-2013, 02:48 AM
Tender Rip
No cap on coaching!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
he's one of the best defensemen in the league. I hope Shero disagrees with you. He is worth every penny.
I don't believe he is worth 7 million. Any puckmoving D-man with decent hockey IQ and wheels playing major minutes on the Pens with our top6 on the ice is going to get a lot of points. Not as many as Letang is now unless he is very good of course, but being on the highest scoring team in the league and playing almost half the game... that is an inflator.
More so when he is also getting team leading minutes on the (very productive) PP despite not being very good at it. Add that he is not a great penalty killer and has never led our D to any kind of success in the post season (when we won he was our 6th D-man ES).

Love Letang on the Pens, but I don't think he has earned that kind of money.... but if he demands it.... we might be in the situation that we have to pay it to him, because the return wouldn't justify a trade. Would say that Shero should definitely look into options if we get to that kind of number though.