Thread: KHL Expansion
View Single Post
Old
03-19-2013, 04:43 AM
hockeyamateur

vCash: 500
Believe me, there are a lot of news from the KHL in Swedish media. And as an example, when they published the article about Stavanger Oilers from Norway joining the KHL, many Swedes commented "why can't we have a team in the KHL?", "This is wonderful, we can visit their games", "We should get one too" etc. etc.

www.hockeysverige.se, Swedens biggest hockey news website publish KHL-news frequently. Game-re-caps, analyses, best of the week etc.

Both Aftonbladet and Expressen(Swedens two biggest newspapers) has KHL-bloggers and sections that covers everything from the KHL. Most of it related to Swedish, Finnish and Norwegian players. And the Russian super stars.

So that Swedish guy who earlier moaned about 0 interest of KHL in Sweden and 0 attention in Swedish media must live under a rock.

I live in Sweden too, and I am for a Swedish team in the KHL, so he is wrong there too, by stating that no-one wants to see a KHL team from Sweden.

Swedish hockey won't loose anything with 1-3 teams in the KHL. The junior leagues will be intact, Elitserien will be intact, Allsvenskan will be intact along with everything else.

The only difference is that players that are too good for Elitserien and the very best Swedes at that level will more likely play for the Swedish KHL team, in Sweden, than in a completely different country. Be it NHL, AHL or the KHL or even NLA.