View Single Post
Old
03-19-2013, 04:44 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thats My Hat View Post
According to TSN, he signed for 8 years, 69M. They'll have around 10M to resign/sign 8 players for next season, unless they're looking towards buying someone out and bringing in cheaper players.
They have lot of good kids. Move Hiller. Maybe Allen. They aren't in trouble imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
Next target:

Nathan Horton
Eg. Franzen 2.0

Quote:
Interesting to see how Anaheim will survive with their internal cap in the future.

From Forbes figures, I counted it somewhere at ~57 million from 2011-12 season. They pretty much had an income of 47 million, and on purpose went to 10 million losses, to make that loss even with maximum 10 million of revenue sharing. So they operate with zero result.

They have nice young and cheap prospects there (Palmieri, Smith-Pelly, Etem, Bonino, Holland) and Selšnne possibly retiring and making room. But the question is, what happens after those cheap prospects hit on their 2nd contract, when those two mammoth contracts are setting the team hierarchy.
Anaheim owner Samueli has money. If the team is competitive he might want to spend it. That's the hope for Anaheim fans anyway.

If you're operating on zero result as you said, you're basically making money as franchise value increases.

I don't see second contracts for those kids being an issue bc of these recent signings. UFA vs. RFA.

You can always get second contract cheap unless you're kids are superstars or named Ryan O'Reilly.

The issues might arise when Getz and Perry are well in to their 30s.. Can they maintain this level of play?

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote