View Single Post
Old
03-19-2013, 06:38 AM
The_Chosen_One

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallHockeyLegend View Post
I think you may have misunderstood not only what you quoted, but my entire position in this thread.

I feel it's a smarter to move to put Grabo on Kadri's wing with the following lines:

JVR Bozak Kessel
Grabo Kadri Lupul
Komarov McClement Kulemin

I didn't (mean to) imply that Kadri should be Kessel's center on the first line. The reason for that is obvious, it's too much too quick. The Leafs showed tremendous patience with Kadri in the minors, he's been put in a place to succeed. A 30 game sample of sheltered minutes is not enough to throw him on the first line. He still has defensive deficiencies, he still turns over the puck, he's still not good enough on the faceoff, etc. It's a much better idea to leave him where he is with his sheltered minutes, allow him to get more experience and work on his game in the off season and work him into it. You have to account for the fact that Toronto is a pressure cooker, and he's come out of it alive so far, but what happens when he has a bad streak of 10 games? 20 games? As the first line center, he'd be crucified. He's not ready for that yet.

In the post I quoted I said that Kessel can give anyone on his line tap ins, and Kadri is the same for his line. The difference between the two is that Kessel is an undisputed first line winger, and Kadri is a young center men. I'd much rather put Grabo on Kadri's second line wing rather than have him as Kessel's first line centermen, for that reason.

It's getting late, hopefully I'm making sense.
Grabovski on Kadri's wing would seem too stacked. Kadri has great chemistry with Frattin or MacArthur. I think someone like Lupul is required to legitimize the line.

JVR and Kessel seem to be the ones in a bind. Kessel isn't able to play an unrestricted game. JVR isn't allowed to obstruct the goalie, because he's the only one playing a remotely physical game. Bozak is a top six winger, but he isn't crashing the net, attacking, like Eric Staal. Grabs is more comparable even though he lacks his reach, size or the natural goal-scoring ability.

The_Chosen_One is offline   Reply With Quote