View Single Post
Old
03-19-2013, 07:32 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies View Post
I wonder is something around Hartnell+ for Yandle might work for both sides? I think Hartnell would be a good fit in PHX and obviously Yandle solves our biggest problem.

I also wonder about something around Couturier+ for Bobby Ryan (after this season obviously). If Koivu retires, the Ducks would have a need for another center and I think Couturier would be a solid fit. The only worry I have is that the "+" might be a little too rich for our blood.

After seeing these Getzlaf and Perry re-signings, I'm also thinking that it might be a decent idea to make a big offer-sheet to an RFA defenseman. I mean, if #1Cs/Wingers are worth upwards of 8M (and that's not even with them hitting the open market), what would the going price for a #1D be? If both Shattenkirk and Pietrangelo make it to the summer unsigned, I think we could potentially back St. Louis into a corner with a big offersheet to Shatty. And then if they match that, they're kind of in a tough spot w/ Pietrangelo because he'll want more than Shatty got and STL might not be able to afford it.
This is my hope, but it's probably unrealistic. The good thing about Homer though is he is one of the few GM's in the league with the guts to actually try it.