View Single Post
Old
03-19-2013, 07:53 AM
Jack de la Hoya

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyShoe1721 View Post
If we pick 5th, it wouldn't surprise me if we end up drafting Monahan, Nichushkin, or Lindholm, assuming that Jones/Drouin/MacKinnon/Barkov go top 4. Not saying I agree with it, but I'd be surprised if they reached(in the sense they aren't BPA) for Nurse, Zadorov, or Pulock. None of them are the 5th best prospects in this draft.
I remember hearing a lot more about Lindholm at this point last year than recently. Has his stock faded, or simply not increased as much as others?

Monahan is a kid who seems to have held his own--he was ranked right around that 5-6 spot at the same time last year in preliminary lists, IIRC. But he's kinda the one guy that I'm worried about the Flyers selecting. MacKinnon and Drouin have game-breaking level skill / talent, and Barkov is a physical specimen with a rare blend of size and skill.

Monahan just seems like the kind of guy who has a very strong all around game but nothing at an elite level. Given our existing depth at the center position, he's the one guy I'd scratch my head at a bit, unless the organization was confident that he had a big edge over the next best player available.

EDIT: That's all based on very limited viewing and reading, so perhaps I'm off base.