View Single Post
Old
03-19-2013, 08:01 AM
  #137
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 129,218
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
What about the team's current situation, and history suggest to you that the GM will not be desperate, also considering the fact that he tried this very thing last offseason?
He might still try it. I'm saying it won't work.


If the Flyers land a defenseman via offer sheet, there is a 97% chance Holmgren is giving him a terrible contract that will hamstring the team further in some way. I'm leaving 3% open in case they can steal Jared Spurgeon from the Wild.

If they go after a forward (we need 2 or 3 of them, too), they might be able to con the Oilers into coughing up Paajarvi via offer sheet if for some reason Tambellini is still their GM.

__________________
Philadelphia's Real Alternative
(ynotradio.net)
GKJ is offline